||Md. Lutfor Rahman
||Associate Professor of Economics
||Department of Business Administration
||Faculty of Business
||MBA, Major in Finance (University Putra Malaysia)
Bachelor of Economics (International Islamic University, Malaysia).
||Stock Market and Financial Economics
- Siddique, A. B., Karim, K. S., and Rahman, M. L. (2011), “Customers’ Perception about the Determinants of Service Quality of Foreign and Domestic Banks: An Empirical Study on Bangladesh”, Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), Vol. VI, No.1.
- Ruhul, M. A., Rahman, M. L. and Nahar, N. (2011), “Ownership Structure and its Effect on the Share Price Movement: An Empirical Study on Dhaka Stock Exchange”, The Cost & Management Journal of the Institution of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh, Vol XXXIX, No 2.
- Rahman, M. L. Nahar, N. and Mostafa, S. G. (2010), “Holiday Effect on Stock Returns in Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE)-an Empirical Investigation”, Proceeding of the International Conference on Business Competencies in a Changing Global Environment 2010. Global Business Management Forum (GBMF), USA and Southeast University Bangladesh.
- Rahman, M. L., Nurun, N. and Mollah, F. A. (2010), “Day-of-the-Week Effect: Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange under Six-Days-a-Week trading.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Knowledge Globalization 2010, ISBN: 978-984-33-1691-2, Suffolk University, USA, Knowledge Globalization Institute, USA and North South University Bangladesh.
- Chowdhury, M. M., Khandaker, M. S., and Rahman, M. L. (2009), “Performance Analysis of IPOs: An Empirical Study on Dhaka Stock Exchange”, Journal of Management Studies, University of Dhaka, Vol.-1, No.2.
- Rahman, M. L. and Amin, R. A. (2009), “Effects of Dividend Declaration on the Security Price Performance Using Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited: Event Study Method”, Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), ISSN-1992-271X, vol. iv, issue i.
- Rahman, M. L. and Ahmad, M. A., (2009), “A comparative Study of FDI Inflow between Bangladesh and India”, Metropolitan University Journal, ISSN-1995-5545, vol.:2, No:1.
- Karim, K. S., and Rahman, M. L., (2008) “Determining the Dimensions of Quality Education in Public and Private Universities in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study” Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), ISSN-1992-271X, vol. 3, issue 6.
- Karim, K. S., and Rahman, M. L., (2007), “A Study of Marketing Mix Adaptation Requirement with Export Performance by the Domestic Exporters of Leather Goods to the International Market”, Journal of Business and Technology, ISSN-1992-271X, vol. 2, issue 1.
10. Mamun, F. and Rahman, M. L., (2005), “Public Private Partnership in Education- Conceptual Framework”, Journal of Socioeconomic Research and Development, ISSN- 1813-0348, issue 1, vol. 1.
|Academic Awards, Fellowships and Research Grants:
- Achieved 1st place in a country wise essay competition organized by the International Red Cross Society and the Red Crescent Society of Bangladesh on “Challenges of Humanitarian Actions in Modern Day Armed Conflicts” in December, 2004.
- Achieved 2nd place in “the Best Proposal Competition 2004” organized for the faculty members and admin staff, NUB.
- Adjudicator in All Asian Inter Varsity Debating Championship, held in University Technology Malaysia, Johor Baru, 2003.
- Awarded OIC scholarship to study Bachelor of Economics 1989.
- Merit Scholarship in Class V and VIII under the Primary and Junior School Scholarship Examination.
- Teachers’ training on “Effective Teaching Method in Business Education”, organized by Faculty of Business, Northern University Bangladesh. July, 2011.
- Strategic Workshop conducted by Prof. G. M. Chowdhury, Director, IBA, University of Dhaka. Organized by Faculty of Business, NUB, November, 2010
- Seminar on Project Management conducted by Ejaj Hossain, Project Manager, HP, USA, organized by Faculty of Business, NUB, November, 2010
- Seminar on “Higher Education in Bangladesh: Performance, Emerging Issues & Way Forward” Presented by Prof. Mahmudul Alam, organized by Department of Business, Banani Campus, NUB, November 2010.
- Conducted classes of Economic Governance for the Post-Graduate Diploma in Governance Studies held in collaboration with BCS Academy and NUB, September 2006-July 2010.
- Workshop on “Teaching Learning Environment” organized by Department of Business Administration, Northern University Bangladesh, May, 2010.
- Workshop for better teaching methodology organized by Northern University Bangladesh, February, 2010
- “The Second International Conference of GBMF 2009: World Financial Crisis and Global Business Challenges”, organized by University of Dhaka, December 2009.
- “9th South Asian Management Forum” jointly organized by Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA), and North South University, held at Hotel Sheraton, Dhaka, February 24-25, 2007.
- “International Seminar on Harmonizing Development and Financial Instruments by Shariah Rules for Ummatic Integration”, Jointly Organized by Centre for Comparative Political Economy (CCPE), International Islamic University, Chittagong, and World Assembly of Muslim Youth, Safa Arcade, Chittagong, December 19-20, 2004.
- “International Seminar on Islam and Confucianism: a Civiliztional Dialogue, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, 1995.
- “ASEAN Workshop on Development in the Islamic Way” held in International Islamic University, Malaysia, PJ, Selangor, December, 1994.
- “Comprehensive Development from Islamic Perspective”, Organized by International Islamic University Malaysia, Subang Jaya, Malaysia, 1993,
- “International Conference on Economic Development from an Islamic Perspective”, Jointly organized by Islamic Development Bank and International Islamic University Malaysia, KL, 1992.
- Listed Reviewer of papers under EDAS for International Seminars and Conferences. (www.edas.info).
- Executive Member of Centre of Management and Development Research, Faculty of Business, NUB.
- Editorial Board of Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), Faculty of Business, NUB.
- Treasurer, International Islamic University Malaysia Alumni Association Bangladesh Chapter.
- Ordinary Member of Bangladesh Institute of Islamic Thought (BIIT).
||Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: 9667237-40 (ext.314)
Personal web: N/A